Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here we go...

I've been meaning to start writing in this blog for a while now. It's been sitting here empty for months, and I decided that a new month was the perfect time to finally get it going.


A couple of weeks ago I came across information about a rather large (roughly 20k visitors) artisan fair and carnival. Everything I read about it made it seem like a great event that's well-established with a good history of being very successful. I've never sold at any large events before, the biggest was the Mom's Night Out at Babies in Bloom about a month ago. That was maybe 200 people, tops. With the encouragement of my awesome husband, I decided to take the plunge and apply to this event. I found out last night that I was accepted. Eek! I'm both excited and nervous, as this is going to be a HUGE undertaking for me. We're upgrading my phone so I can use it to take credit card payments, I have to get more display stuff, and I need a banner. I'm going to have a 10x15 booth space, so I have tons of room that I need to figure out how to utilize well. So, it looks like I'll be at the OMMS Christmas in July Artisan Fair and Carnival in Oceanside, CA July 9th-10th!


Part of me is thinking, oh my gosh, what have I done?! And part of me is thinking this could be a huge push for me towards turning this all into a legitimate business that could consistantly contribute to our household. Hey, if my mom had her own business while I was growing up, why can't I do the same? :)


Meanwhile, I have tons of sewing to do to get some sold items shipped out. I was part of the Cute Stuff Sale on NiceGirlNotes (http://www.nicegirlnotes.com/) this past Sunday, and it was awesome! I've gotten lots of new fabric lately, and really want to get working with it. I have tons of new jewelry stuff to work with, too. Never enough hours in the day, it seems!





This is just a small portion of the new fabric I have. There's sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment